Did You Know?
• People are stressed like never before but don't know how or where to get relief.
• 1 in 5 adults — 43.8 million — experiences a mental illness in a given year. Most cases go untreated
as anxiety, depression, addictions, compulsions, violence, and suicides continue to rise.
• 18.1 % — 42 million — of American adults live with anxiety disorders.
• 6.9 % — 16 million — of American adults live with major depression.
• Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States.
• Nearly 60 % of adults with a mental illness did not receive mental health services in the previous year.
• Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and is a major contributor
to the global burden of disease.